The following upcoming events may be of interest to our readers (click on ‘continue reading’ below for full descriptions):
1) CFP: We Demand: History/Sex/Activism in Canada – deadline: 30 Sept 2010
2) ActiveHistory.ca is looking for a co-book review editor
3) CJSW: Today in Canadian History still looking for submissions
4) Digest of this week’s blog posts
AH Announcements will be on vacation for the month of August. AH announcements will return on August 28th. If you have an announcement that you would like included in this weekly dispatch, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. 1) The organizers of “We Demand” are currenting accepting proposals for papers, panels, round table discussions, or posters. The conference is being held August 25-28, 2011 in Vancouver, BC to commemorate the first national political action taken by gay and lesbian activists. The keynote speaker will be Ann Cvetkovich. For more information visit the We Demand website.
2) We are looking for someone to join our editorial team as one of two book review editors. Responsibilities include selecting books to be reviewed, finding appropriate reviewers, and contacting publishers for review copies. Please visit our book reviews section for more information about the type of book review that we solicit.
3) Calgary radio station CJSW is still looking for recommendations and contributions for their program Today in Canadian History. Sean Kheraj posted an interview on his blog with series producer Joe Burima. It describes the radio program and some of its key features. You can get in touch with Today in Canadian History at email@example.com.
4) This has been a slow week in the AH blogosphere:
– Krista McCracken: Canadian Census Data: A lost resource
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Blog posts published before October 28, 2018 are licensed with a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada License.