What’s the Use of History? Citizenship and History in Canada’s Past and Present
Tuesday, October 16 2012
Palmerston Branch, Toronto Public Library
560 Palmerston Ave., Toronto, ONInspired by the newly published People’s Citizenship Guide (Arbeiter Ring Publishing, 2011), this roundtable of historians will discuss how concepts of citizenship have changed over the past century, and how history has been mobilized to create particular understandings of citizenship.
- Heidi Bohaker, Assistant Professor, Dept. of History, University of Toronto
- Sean Kheraj, Assistant Professor, Dept. of History, York University
- Steven Maynard, Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of History, Queen’s University
- Sean Mills, Assistant Professor, Dept. of History, University of Toronto
- Pam Sugiman, Professor, Dept. of Sociology, Ryerson University.
In the lead-up to the event, ActiveHistory.ca will feature blog posts from the panelists on the themes that will be explored during the roundtable.